C-FER designed and built the Gas Well Deliquification Flow Loop (DFL) to perform qualification and performance tests on novel gas well deliquification technologies, using water, oil, air, or a water/solids mixture as the test fluid. Testing a system in this flow loop provides the client with a very low risk, affordable opportunity to learn how their system functions under specific test conditions prior to deployment in the field.
The instrumentation is also easily moveable off-site to a controlled “test well” so that testing under more realistic conditions can be achieved. C-FER currently has the majority of the necessary wellhead equipment, 4 ½” casing, and coiled tubing hangers to enable the installation of a coiled-tubing-deployed deliquification system into a 9 5/8” vertical well at the Enform facility in Nisku.
- Bottom 18 feet of casing is transparent acrylic for visualizing pump during testing
- Can be mounted vertically or horizontally (minor modifications required for diagonal mounting)
- Coriolis meter measures density for percent solids calculation
- Vortex meter measures flow rate of air into the casing for determining gas injection effects
- Captures test data at 4 points per second (or higher); ideal for cyclic (transient) pumping systems
|System Variables||Operational Specifications|
|Pump Intake Pressure (PIP)||0 kPag
|Pump Discharge Pressure (Pd)||0 kPag
|Liquid Volumetric Flow Rates (Qliq)||0 m³/d