The Industry Challenge
Detecting oil spilled on inland waterways poses a significant challenge to pipeline operators due to:
- Changing water levels and flow rates;
- Presence of debris and suspended sediment;
- Floating and submerged oil;
- Ice cover for large portions of the year; and
- Remote locations with no supporting infrastructure.
The project will identify potential technologies and set up realistic, full-scale trials to help operators select the best technology to rapidly and reliably detect oil spills on inland waterways.
For more information contact Corey Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.