The Industry Challenge
Operators are completing wells in increasingly challenging environments where equipment are subject to extreme pressures, temperatures, and mechanical loading. It is critical to ensure that equipment can withstand these conditions through validation testing.
API Specification 14A (2015) Annex J provides a methodology by which manufacturers/end users may verify that the SSSV hydro mechanical system functions properly at all anticipated in service loading conditions (the Rated Performance Envelope).
Annex H of the standard (Verification and Validation Requirements for High-pressure, High-temperature Environment) requires performance of the Combined Loads Operational Test at maximum rated operating temperature, i.e. 350°F (176.7°C) and higher.
How We Help
C-FER Technologies have developed in-house equipment and expertise to perform Combined Loads Operational Testing for high-pressure high-temperature (HPHT) SSSVs:
- Up to 400°F (204.4°C)¹
- Feedback controlled internal vessel temperature distribution
- 15,000 psi (103.4 MPa) liquid at max temperature¹
- 12 inch (304.8 mm) internal diameter x 132 inch (3.35 m) long vessel enclosures
- 30,000+ psi (206.8 MPa) liquid
- 20,000 psi (138 MPa) gas (N2)
Control Line Pressure
- 20,000 psi (138 MPa)¹
- Vertical or horizontal load frame configuration
- Tension of up to 3,400,000 lbf (15 MN)¹
- Compression of up to 3,400,000 lbf (15 MN)¹
- Up to 20,000 kip-ft (27 MN-m)
- Client facing test panel displays test data via secure server for real-time review
- Control Line Pressure Trace
- Axial Load
- Internal Pressure
- External Pressure
¹Greater temperature, pressure, and axial/bending loads possible in certain configurations. Please contact C-FER Technologies for more information.
²Supplementary test fixtures required for application of bending loads.