This course will provide attendees with an overview of the considerations, key factors, industry guidelines and practices, examples, and field experience related to the design and integrity of thermal recovery wells.
The objective of this course is to review the:
- Thermal well design process, industry regulations and recommended practices (IRPs);
- Key material properties and damage mechanisms of casing and liner tubular steels, wellbore cements, and formations;
- Casing and liner design approach and basis (materials, connections);
- Options and field experience for sand control, artificial lift, downhole flow control, and wellheads;
- Impacts of operational practices (e.g. heating ramp-up rates);
- Well integrity management programs; and
- Well inspection methods, well damage and ‘failure’ statistics, and well damage mitigation and repair options and field experience.
Registration coming soon.
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta, Canada