C-FER is currently recruiting for a full-time Junior Laboratory Technician in our Drilling and Completions Department. This position will report to the Lead Technical Specialist, Drilling & Completions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to assist in the setting up, commissioning and executing of full-scale equipment qualification test programs for downhole drilling and completion equipment and tubulars (casing and tubing). The successful candidate will play an important hands on role and will be expected to work safely in a world-class laboratory setting, using various kinds of testing equipment, rigging up tests for a variety of applications, and developing and operating equipment in our full scale testing facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists engineers and technologists with the preparation and teardown of test specimens and test assemblies, hydraulic control systems, and fluid pressurization systems, calibrating and installing instruments, and configuring and ensuring accuracy of data acquisition systems.
- Assists with complex full-scale testing under combined and complex loads and extreme environmental conditions.
- Provides summaries of test results and observations during testing.
- Performs equipment maintenance.
- May be required to perform occasional field and/or shift work (including evenings and weekends).
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Accredited Technical Diploma or Certificate in a relevant discipline with limited relevant experience or a High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with or aptitude for working with structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems, machining, instrumentation, materials, mechanical equipment, and/or machine control systems.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment and enforcing C-FER’s Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Strong interest in hands-on work to assist with the development of innovative technologies.
- Ability to operate a forklift, crane and other machinery/equipment (training will be provided; however, experience is preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team.
C-FER offers a highly challenging and friendly working environment, continuous learning opportunities, a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits and earned days off. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcripts (if applicable) quoting Competition No. 19-006 to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 27, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting ID: 19-006
Content Type: Career Opportunity
Industry: General Information