C-FER Technologies works with oil and gas and pipeline operators to develop and evaluate leading edge technologies for the most challenging non-standard engineering applications. Clients include the world’s major oil and gas companies, major pipeline transmission companies, and manufacturers that supply equipment to these industries.
The Production Operations Department is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Junior Research Engineer-in-Training who thrives on the challenge posed by complex engineering problems and has the ability to think outside the box. This individual will work with a dynamic team to develop technical and business proposals, conduct technical work and communicate the results directly to clients. We are looking for applicants with solid engineering fundamentals, and the flexibility to conduct engineering applications work (e.g. technology assessments, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics modelling and analysis, statistical and data analytical analysis) and experimental engineering work (e.g. conceptual and detailed design, construction, commissioning, testing, data analysis and interpretation).
As examples, typical engineering applications work may involve an assessment of various oil and gas production technologies (e.g. technology readiness level) for the selection of a field development strategy in a challenging application (e.g. thermal, deep water offshore, heavy oil, etc.). Experimental work may involve executing tests in an existing flow loop, or the development of a new world class experimental apparatus with a team of engineers and technologists.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering, with a solid grasp of engineering fundamentals (candidates with an MSc or PhD will also be considered).
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) designation with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), or working towards the designation (those candidates working towards an EIT designation will be considered; however, their job title will reflect this).
- Strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (experience in preparing comprehensive technical reports and documents; ability to lead meetings and interact with clients).
- Past experience in the area of oil and gas production operations would be considered an asset, particularly in a research and development or new technology development environment.
- Past project management experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel and work outside of Canada.
C-FER offers a highly challenging and friendly working environment, continuous learning opportunities, a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits and earned days off. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcripts quoting Competition No. 18-013 to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 16, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.