Every year the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) gives out a number of awards to deserving Technologists and Technicians at its annual AGM.
C-FER’s own Darren Machula CET, was the recipient of the 2015 Technologist of the Year Award. This award is presented to individuals that conducts themselves with professionalism, contribute at a high level of technical capacity, have a level of influence within their organization and demonstrate leadership.
The nomination submitted on behalf of Darren included three references, containing the following highlights:
- contributions to the building and operations of numerous flow loops
- testing and operation of numerous pieces of down hole equipment in C-FER lab
- the management of testing projects, such as top drive design load tests and the settling pond
- the coordination and scheduling of over 30 testing projects in C-FER’s Master Schedule
- integration and set-up of new equipment in the C-FER’s lab
- management of C-FER’s SolidWorks vault
- review of Calibration Certificates and procedures
- member of C-FER’s ER Team
- C-FER’s Canadian Blood Services Partner’s for Life Champion